Sunday, February 27, 2011

Took one on the Chin, LESSON'S LEARNED, Head up and on to Medias

I continue to learn everyday from my new experiences here in Cluj. Some are pleasant, and some not so much. Sometimes you get the beast, and sometimes the beast gets you (or something like that). Unfortunately, this weekend at Tg. Mures turned out differently than many of us here in Cluj may have hoped. But in any situation a loss should be viewed as a win, because the lessons learned from any loss become invaluable tools to be used for future obstacles. Me, myself, I learned something very valuable from this game at Mures. ALWAYS STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF, DON'T OVER THINK . Some may say this is two lessons, but I believe they go hand and hand. Tit for Tat.  I don't necessarily mean this statement in a selfish way, but in any situation where your character is tested you have to go back to what you know and who you are naturally. Trusting your instincts in times of pressure is key. Personally, I believe that this applies to all facets of life: Relationships, Sports, Teams, Jobs, anything. You can never be afraid to trust yourself, because one moment of hesitation can break a perfect situation in half. As soon as someone tries to do things in a manner that is designed to please or attempt to act in a way thats not natural, they are only setting themselves up to fail in a big way. I was a little disappointed with my lack of contribution to the game this weekend. No doubt. More disappointed on how this may or may not have affected the team,  but really disappointed that I played the game I love in a way that goes against my natural instincts. Nonetheless, that game is over. No excuses. The great thing is that it wasn't the last game of the year, and  I (and us as a team) have another chance to prove ourselves this weekend.

I was told this weekend, "Never, no matter what, let anyone take the pleasure out of playing the game of basketball. This is the first and only thing. Continue to work and get better, and things fall into place with time."

Again this quote can be applied to anything.

This weekend we have another tough game at home against Gaz Metan Medias. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Sorry I have been tardy on my posts and I will do a better job this week of keeping up on things.

1 comment:

  1. Something new in your life, you haven't write for a while.

    ReplyDelete